More Flower Challenge Winners!
Posted on June 9, 2022
Lynn Whipple selections
Lynn will be awarding her book “Expressive Flower Painting” to each winner!!
Stay tuned! More winners to come!
Month of Flowers Challenge Winner!
Posted on June 7, 2022
Wendy Brightbill selection…
Wendy will be awarding a spot in one of her on-line courses (the winner can pick.)
Stay Tuned! More winners to come!
Month of Flowers Challenge Winners!!
Posted on June 6, 2022
My Oh my!!! The gorgeousness that was created for the May floral challenge!!!
Thank you so much to my co-hosts Kirsten Katz and Kenzie Elston!!
The judges had a REALLY hard time making their selections!!! I’m going to feature the winners in a couple e-mails so I can include visuals too (as requested!) I will be collecting all contact info from the winners to forward on.
Bloom Tv Network selections ….
Founder, Monica Michelle is gifting all of the winners a lifetime membership to Bloom Tv Network!!!
Michael Wurm Jr.
Mary Beggs Bosley
Stay tuned! More winners to come!
Four Findings-Issue 67
Posted on June 3, 2022
Four Findings-Issue 66
Posted on May 27, 2022
Four Findings-Issue 65
Posted on May 20, 2022
Four Findings-Issue 64
Posted on May 13, 2022
Four Findings-Issue 63
Posted on May 6, 2022
Want to join in my Artful Adventures??
Posted on April 29, 2022
I’ve been creating DIY and arty videos for this network. There is lots of other beautiful floral themed content on the site, too!!
To subscribe…please use Code LoriS2022
I had my first mentoring session this week with a lovely small group! There are TWO SPOTS still available on Mastrius.
I’m sharing all kinds of info about art licensing in my group.
It’s last minute, but I have ONE SPOT left for my “Artful Assemblage” retreat in Milton, Ky on May 9-12 at a gorgeous bed and breakfast. It will be a BLAST!!!
I will be teaching in Southern France in September of 2023 at the beautiful Perigord property.
We will take daily field trips into neighboring villages. So dreamy!!! Want to come???? Click here
Hope to see you soon on one of these Artful Adventures!
May Month of Flowers Instagram Challenge
Posted on April 22, 2022
Hello Creative Kindreds!!!
It’s about to be a FLOWERPALOOZA!!!
Are you ready for another challenge?? How about a whole month of FLOWERS!!!
I am co-hosting this challenge with Kirsten Katz Art & Design and Snippets of Whimsy.
Here are the prompts for the month:
We are going through the Alphabet and giving you three flowers to pick from each day… or do all three together! UP TO YOU!
The hashtag where you should post your work is #flowermonth2022
Here are 5 hints for how you can successfully participate:
(This is open to any medium, any size, any technique… it’s all up to YOU!)
- If you do ALL of the daily prompts and you are creating something everyday… keep it simple and doable… like a sketch a day… or something that is fun and won’t stress you out!
- If you want to end up with a solid collection of portfolio pieces from the month… select a consistent size and medium and have the paper, canvas or wood panels all ready to go for the month ahead of time.
- Decide ahead if you want to do single flowers, flowers in vases, abstract florals, folk art versions, patterns or some other consistent direction for all of your pieces.
- Try new color palettes, techniques, compositions. Challenge yourself to experiment!
- Have FUN and don’t put pressure on yourself! These challenges are all about PLAY and just immersing our artistic brains in the JOY of creating!!! If you can’t do ALL of the prompts… it’s NO BIG DEAL!! We just want to see what you do make!
We have some FABULOUS floral artists as judges this month!!!
They will be looking at all of the work at the hashtag and awarding fun prizes at the end of May. Click on each photo to learn more about them. They are:
Bari J Ackerman
Also… Carrie Schmitt will be RANDOMLY selecting someone to receive her prize.
And Monica Michelle, The founder of Bloom Tv Network will also participate as a judge!!!
We CANNOT WAIT to see all of your gorgeous florals!!!
Don’t forget!!! Post your work at #flowermonth2022
And help us talk up the challenge! The more the merrier!!