Posted on August 12, 2022
Posted on August 5, 2022
What a FABULOUS month!
Didn’t you all LOVE learning more about the amazing women to whom we paid tribute!! Thanks for joining in!!
Thanks to my co-hosts:
And a BIG THANKS to our judges!!
They had a VERY TOUGH TIME!! Below are their selections. If you see your name and you have not been contacted in a dm on IG…please let me know!
Bravo!! Come back in September for another juicy challenge that I am co-hosting with Este Macleod.
Lilla Rogers Selections
“WOW! Incredible work. Congratulations on such an epic event. Thank you for the opportunity to judge. Please express my congratulations to everyone and let them know there were countless amazing pieces.” Lilla Rogers
“I was so impressed with work that I’ve chosen seven winners who will receive the course, Creating Collections for Home Decor Course. It’s a chock-full, 5-week live course that I teach with creative director Margo Tantau, starting August 29, $490 value.”
Lilla’s Runners Up
“I’d also like to gift these 13 runners-up with my Assignment Bootcamp: Portfolio course with begins this Monday, and runs weekly for three months, and is worth $120 each.”
Janine Vangool/ Uppercase Selections
“This was impossible! So many amazing works were created! Here are my picks for five free UPPERCASE subscription/renewal. I chose them because of the overall body of work they were creating that pushed into new territories of medium and methods.”- Janine Vangool
Posted on July 29, 2022
Posted on July 22, 2022
I’m co-teaching with my friend, Michelle Allen, Feb. 10-18 2023 in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico!!! Come join us!!!
San Miguel de Allende, a UNESCO heritage city has been a home for artists since the 1930s.
Cobblestone-lined streets, art galleries, colorful doors that open into mysterious courtyards, alleyways filled with beautiful plantings, centuries-old buildings and, of course, the bells of the pink Parroquia de San Miguel Arcangel in the Jardin.
Artful Vessels with Michelle Allen
All your gems and jewels will find a place to rest in the grasp of this functional and curious wall vase piece art.
Artful Junk Story Birds with Lori Siebert
I started making what I calls “Artful Junk Birds” for an Instagram challenge hosted by the NBC show “Making It.” I went on to make many of these assemblage birds and created an on-line course.
For this class, we will be curating our beloved treasures and creating 12” x 12” dimensional bird panels that tell a little story.
This Escape Includes:
- 8 nights accommodation, double occupancy at Casa de la Noche
- beautiful studio to create in
- aiport pickup/drop off at designated time at Leon airport
- five days of workshops with Michelle and Lori
- all meals except for two lunches and one dinner
- Special class with local mojigangas master (the large puppets)
- farewell celebration
- two cooking classes
- private Facebook page
- new art tribe
Posted on July 15, 2022
Posted on July 8, 2022
Posted on July 1, 2022
Posted on June 27, 2022
And it is a JUICY ONE!!!
We selected an object to focus on for the month… a cup!! Cups represent comfort, gathering, and nourishment. And we have selected a variety of our favorite women artist/designers to inspire your cup images.
- We are giving two days for each prompt
- You can draw, paint, sculpt, stitch, etc…each cup by itself, in a still like or in an environment.
- Each cup should be INSPIRED by the woman artists in the prompt list
- Post what you create at #cupFULL2022
Once again…we have lined up some very esteemed judges who will award prizes to their favorites at the end of July!!
Janine Vangool… creator and editor in chief of the fabulous Uppercase Magazine
Lilla Rogers…. Founder of Lilla Rogers Studio and world renowned agent and teacher
Enesco… creating world beloved gift and home decor products for over 60 years.
I’m co-hosting this delicious July challenge with my friends
Let’s FILL OUR CUPS with CREATIVITY!!!
Posted on June 24, 2022
The Empowering Creativity Retreat is a private event for creative business owners, hosted by Dionne Woods of The Turquoise Iris & The Turquoise Iris Journal magazine, featuring guest expert speakers, hands-on workshops, live demonstrations, networking, and content creation opportunities!
Monday, October 24th, 3pm CST – Friday, October 28th, 11am CST
Each day of the retreat brings new opportunities to connect, create, and cultivate your artistic perspective thanks to tailored lessons from guest experts.
The A, B, Cs of ECR
We cover three main topics at the Empowering Creativity Retreat:
Attendees will learn from some of the most successful, inspiring, and knowledgeable creative experts in the industry, like…
- Dionne Woods — Artist, Coach to Creatives, CEO of The Turquoise Iris Journal and the Creative Connection, podcast host, Bloom TV Network Expert
- Debi Beard — Artist, Owner of Debi’s Design Diary, DIY Paint, DIY-A-GOGO shop owner, expert visual storyteller
- Kamee Collins — Copywriter, Artist, Marketing Expert, Editor of TTIJ
- Michael Sells — Artist, World’s Only One Thumbed Puppet Maker, expert storyteller
- Andrea Earhardt — Artist, Author, Muralist, Podcast Host, and TikTok expert
- Lori Siebert — Artist, Bloom TV Network Expert, Workshop Hosting Genius, Licensing Expert
Some of our experts are also offering breakout sessions on topics like owning a Brick & Mortar store, art licensing, NFTs, stress management, and more!
Tickets can be purchased on the Retreat event page (Click Here) and there are still some payment plan options available!
Make sure to visit our Facebook event page (Click Here) to see who else will be attending.
Posted on June 17, 2022